Monday, August 19, 2013

St Charles Market Preview

The charts are assembled and before I start packing the van for the trip to St Charles, I wanted to give you a preview of what will be released .  I know a lot of shops like to go to market with a preorder list.....so here's my contribution !!!




The first one is Janet Reid 1835 Sampler......I gave you a little peek awhile back........it's the reproduction that's stitched entirely in wool.  I reproduced it on 28ct vintage examplar from Lakeside Linen, which was a dead ringer for the original, and used Gentle Art's wonderful "simply wool " collection.  In fact, Gentle Art will be offering packets of the  wool threads for this piece at market, so if you're interested, let you shop owner know that as well.




Next, is a little Halloween piece.....Bubble, Bubble Toil and Trouble......stitched on 36ct vintage Pear from Lakeside Linen, using Gloriana silk floss.  I turned it into a large pin keep, but it would be equally cute framed !!




Moving on to the Christmas selection.......the above design in "Shepherd's Christmas" stitched on 32ct vintage tarnished silver linen from Lakeside Linen using silk threads......for those of you who love sheep, this one's for you !!





This one is "Thoughts of Christmas"....stitched on 32ct vintage Pear linen and is the Christmas version of "Breath of Autumn" and "Where Stitching Leads"......who knew I was doing a series.........




And last but not least , a little Christmas kit called "Noel House" , which comes complete with linen and silk floss.

     If you see anything you like, give your local shop owner a call...I'm sure they will be happy to bring them home from market for you !!

   Back to packing for me..........wonder what "outfit" hubby John will wear to help pack the van on Wednesday?.....if it's a good one, I'll try to get a pic!

Happy stitches,
       
          Linda


5 comments:

  1. I really love the final 3 of these ... not that I'm saying the first 2 are not nice but my tastes go with the last 3 : ) I will definitely get in touch with a shop to see if they can get them for me! Looking forward to hearing about ... or seeing ... John's "outfit" choice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! Can't wait to get started on the Janet Reid Sampler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great goodies, especially that Janet Reid Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love them all...and I'm really happy to see a sampler using the wonderful Gentle Arts wool.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Thank you! I have been waiting for a Shepherd's Christmas to be released since I saw it on someone's blog who attended a retreat where you introduced this piece. I LOVE the verse on it. This is a must purchase for me!

    ReplyDelete