Monday, December 10, 2012

Finally, it's looking like Christmas!!

Last week, my BFF Jeanne and I made our annual trek in search of  "Christmas".......which entails a trip to Monches Farm (outside of the Milwaukee area) for fresh greens and other wonderful goodies.



Even without the snow, just walking about all the tables of outdoor gift ware and greens always puts us in the holiday mood.

There's always a lovely bonfire going where they sell Xmas trees , so we alternate between scooping up arm loads of treasures and warming our numb fingers.


This year I even got into a conversation with a rooster who felt free to make editorial comments on my purchase pile.



And FINALLY , yesterday it SNOWED!!!!!!


A view out into the back yard.............


the back deck.............


and out our bedroom windows (yes, I sometimes feel like we live in a tree house).  It was absolutely wonderful!!!!

Now I'm ready for the holidays!!!



Chessa spent the day watching the birds swoop in and out of the feeder and finally settled on a small piece of bunny fur in the laundry room .  It's positioned over the heat duct in the floor near the wood burning stove and is the warmest spot in the house.......of course!!


When I could finally tear my eyes away from the falling snowflakes, I did manage to pull out my Christmas projects and get some stitching accomplished .........ahhhh, yes, life is good!! 

3 comments:

  1. Didn't get to Monches farm yet. You have definetly inspired me to get there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Monches... will be trekking there tomorrow!
    nancee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!
    Wishing you and your family a holiday season filled with peace, love, and light!

    ReplyDelete