Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trip to the River

Took a quick trip to our "getaway house" on the Wisconsin River to check on spring's progress out there.  Much to my delight, I found Bluebells and Trillium in full bloom in the woods leading down to the river bank......however, I also discovered MOSQUITOES!!!!!  In full bloom as well!!  Not what I had hoped for at all !!!!  So I took a few quick pics and beat a hasty retreat up the hill to the house.Happily, the nasty little buggers stayed in the woods and I was able to enjoy a few stolen moments of stitching on the deck.  I'm am working on a new concept for this year's Chessie's Club ( available thru Country Sampler ...www.spcounrtysampler.com in Spring Green, WI) , but I couldn't resist pulling out my "Mary Wighams" quaker piece and adding a few more stitches.  I'm soooo close to finally finishing , I can almost see it framed!!
  Enjoy the day and try to fit in a little stitching time....it truely is soul soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment