Friday, November 21, 2014

Still Obsessed !!!!! Delaware Retreat part 1

Yes, I'm still obsessed with "Jack's Bash" by Paulette Stewart/ Plum Street Samplers !!!!  But now I can show you my finished piece.....just put the last of the grass in this morning !!!



It was such a fun piece to stitch.......and I actually finished in in one season !!!!  Thanks again, Paulette, for a wonderful design!


Last week, I had the pleasure of teaching for a very talented group of women who make up the Delaware Valley Historic Sampler Guild .  I came in a day early and Stacy (far right in picture below) who organized the entire weekend, also arranged to go to the Winterthur Museum for a private tour of the drawers and cupboards that house their sampler and other stitchery collections.  No pictures are allowed, but just to be in the presence of all of these precious pieces was unbelievable !!!!!  We also got to tour the 7th floor which was the DuPont"s private quarters and also filled with more samplers, needle necessaries, and a wide array of other textiles.

This trip has been on my "bucket list" for years and was better than I could ever have imagined !!!!  Thank you again, Stacy, for making it possible !!

And as an added bonus, the Downton  Abbey Exhibit was going on in the Museum, so we took that in as well. 


The exhibit compared the daily life at "Downton Abbey" with the activities at Winterthur during the same time period, which proved to be remarkably similar.  The costumes are absolutely unbelievable.  We could get really close to each piece, and see all the beautiful details.  The attention to detail is amazing !!

Below are a few picture of the exhibit.












That's enough for today......I'll be back soon with the rest of the weekend.  Until then....Happy Turkey preparations !!!


2 comments:

  1. Omg gorgeous. I can't believe you are done already!!!!!! Now I need to kit it and start. Looks like such a fun weekend :-)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful! Looks like a great trip full of fun!

    ReplyDelete